What is After-School Enrichment
After-School Enrichment opportunities are community based programs that offer academic and enrichment activities in the hours that follow the school day. The Arbor Heights PTSA coordinates an optional enrichment program where families can choose to participate in a variety of programs of interest to their student(s). Classes are offered through community vendors, which include sports, theater, STEM, music, art, and more. Fees are associated with each class and vary based on offerings. Scholarships are available.
Winter registration begins January 3, 2024 at 5:00 p.m.!
Volunteers are essential to the operation of this program. We are looking for parent volunteers who can commit to being on-site one day a week while classes are in session. Volunteers will get a FREE class for their child and priority registration for other classes!
Please complete our Volunteer Interest Form.
We are excited to bring you a robust offering of after-school enrichment classes at Arbor Heights this fall. We’ve got 17 great classes to choose from spanning an array of disciplines, including creative arts, performing arts, STEM, sports & fitness and Spanish.
Each class is offered one day a week for 60-90 minutes after school. The program will last eight weeks from January 16, 2024-March 29, 2024.
|Hip Hop Dance Party
|Bricks 4 Kids: A Pirates Quest
|Scratch: Game Development
Coding With Kids
|Little Coders: Intro to Coding
Coding With Kids
|Under the Sea Art
|Pokémon Card Club
|Stop Motion Animation
The cost for each class varies and prices are set by the vendor, ranging from $165-$300 per class. If you could use financial assistance, please complete a Scholarship Request.
Families can request either a 50% or 100% scholarship towards class tuition. Please fill out a new request each session if your family is in need of financial aid for any classes.
Scholarship requests will be reviewed and preference will be given to families who have not already received a scholarship toward an enrichment class during the same school year.
Please contact Gwen Manchion for more information on scholarships.
Online registration begins January 3, 2024 at 5:00 p.m., PDT. through January 9, 2024!
More information about each class will be available on Homeroom, the online registration platform. In order to register for classes and complete the payment process, you must first create a user name and password through the Homeroom platform..
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register?
- Click on the Homeroom link.
- Create a Homeroom account by clicking on “Login” in the upper right hand corner and following instructions to “sign up.”
- To learn more about a class, click on the activity title to read more about each program.
- When registration opens on January 3, 2024, at 5:00 p.m., PDT, click on the program and click “Add to Cart.”
- Once you are done adding classes, click on the cart icon in the upper right hand corner.
- Proceed to checkout, where you’ll add your student information for each class. Be sure to select an after-activity dismissal option for each activity and student.
- Finalize your purchase by adding your payment information.
- Once all classes have been booked, you can see them in your Homeroom account or add them to your personal calendar.
- A confirmation email will be sent immediately after purchase and as a reminder 48 hours before the start of the first class.
If you have questions or need support, email the team at [email protected].
How does my student get to class?
- Participants are dismissed from their classroom teachers after school directly to the Enrichment Program meeting area on the covered blacktop. Students will be supervised and can eat an after school snack while they wait for their instructor to take them to their classroom location..
How long are classes?
- Classes last 60-90 minutes depending on offerings and start at 2:35 p.m. or 1:15 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Where do I pick up my student?
- Guardians will determine if they will physically sign their student out after each class, have their student dismissed to walk home, wait in the car pick up area, or if they will be dismissed to the YMCA after school care. Instructors will wait at the front door of the school with the students while they wait to be signed out. *Each instructor may charge a late fee for late pick-ups
What if my student will be absent?
- The on-site volunteer will assist instructors with attendance. If a student is absent, the volunteer will check with the office to determine if the student was absent from school or went home early. *If you know your student will miss class, please let the instructors know in advance or contact the co-coordinator, Gwen Manchion.
Will my student be provided after school snacks?
- Please send an after school snack and water bottle with your child. Snacks are not provided.
Who do I contact with questions?